Sunday, October 2, 2022

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT FERNDINAND “BONGBONG” MARCO


Dear Mister President,

    Greetings! How are you Mister President? I hope you’re doing great.
I am writing this letter as one of the Grade 10 students of Ilocos Sur National High School. I would like to let you know that as one of the law-abiding youth of the nation, I am expressing my full support to our government which you lead right now.
    Before anything else, I would like you to know that as a growing youth, still trying to grasp the ins and outs of what is going on in our country, I have heard some things about you around – of course you’re the most powerful person in our country right now. These things I hear now may be negative. Some also are positive things about you. Some of the issues I hear right now are mostly things of the past. I was only born yesterday as the adults will say, and the only references from the past I have are books and clippings which may or may not be true. I recognize the issue about your family’s allegedly ill-gotten wealth, and how your father almost got most of the country – businesses, buildings, banks, and other material wealth in the country. Your enemies are also throwing sins of your father and wanted you to pay in his behalf.
    As for me, I think these are all part of being a powerful and famous person – the controversies and the enemies. Whether these things are true or not is not my concern for now. I am not the right person to judge you or your family, or your dead father. I am giving these issues to the courts of or any deciding body of the country.
For now, I am banking on the votes and voices of the 31 million Filipinos who voted for you. More than half of the voting population of the country voted for. They chose you despite all the allegations. That means the people trusts you. Like what I hear my father always say, “vox populi, Vox Dei.” The voice of the people is the voice of God. Yes, I may not yet decide on my own, and vote are like most grown up people do. What I can commit is to abide by what the law provides for and abide by the rules of our country.
    My duty is to serve my country under your leadership. As such, I am also dutybound to follow the laws of this country. This country’s future now lies on your hands as our leader. Don’t waste that trust. As what I am doing now – trusting the leader that the people voted for the presidency. 
With this, I am giving you my full support. Please take care of this country that your father ruled for 21 years. Please continue leading for us. And while leading this country, may you put the Filipinos first in all your decisions.
God bless you and the Philippines!


        Yours truly,
Jasmine Angela Dizon

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/Ferdinand_R._Marcos_Jr_%28cropped%29.jpg/220px-Ferdinand_R._Marcos_Jr_%28cropped%29.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your commitment to cooperate to PBBM's administration. Your letter is nicely constructed, good job!

    ReplyDelete

Junior High School, Done! Senior High School, Hello!

I have been counting down the days since the beginning of our Junior High School year. I could still remember, it seems like just yesterday ...